Designation: Tutorial Fellow
School/Institute: Geothermal Energy Training and Research Institute (GeTRI)
Department: Department of Geology
Areas of Expertise
- Geology, Geophysics, Geohazards, Seismology, and Earthquake engineering.
|Doctor of Geology (Seismology)|| University of Nairobi with partial supervision from Uppsala
University and German Research Centre for Geoscience, Potsdam, Germany
|2019 – Present|
|Master of Science in Geology||University of Nairobi||2014 – 2017|
|Bachelor of Science in Geology||University of Nairobi||2010 – 2014|
- July 2019 – Present: Tutorial Fellow, Geothermal Energy Training and Research Institute, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, Kenya.
- 2017 – Present: Lead consultant at SeismoTech, Geosurvey and Engineering ltd
- 2018 – 2019: Geologist and geology and geotechnical assistant Egis Eau Kenya, Nairobi
- 2017 – 2019: Chief Geologist Treavic Geosystems & Engineering Ltd, Nairobi.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- 2020 – Present: Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Exam Coordinator, GeTRI.
- 2020 – Present: Patron Rocketeers R & D society of Kenya-Student Organizations.
- Accepted Paper – Assessment of seismic Hazard in Kenya and its vicinity.
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Assessment of seismic Hazard in Kenya and its vicinity.
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- 2019-Present: PhD. Scholarship by International Science Program (ISP) through the international Program for Physical Sciences (IPPS).
- 2014-2017: Masters Scholarship by International Science Program (ISP) through the international Program for Physical Sciences (IPPS).
Other Academic and Professional Achievements
- 10 Sept- 6 Oct 2018: The International Training Courses on ‘Seismology, Seismic Data Analysis, Hazard Assessment and Risk Mitigation, Accra Ghana.
- October 2017-February 2019: Internship at Treavic Geosystems & Engineering Ltd, Nairobi.
- November 2nd to 24th 2014: Short Course IX on Exploration for Geothermal Resources at Naivasha/Baringo Facilitated by UNU-GTP, GDC and KeNGEN.
- PhD Research: University of Nairobi
Seismic Hazard, Ground Motion Response Analysis and Microzonation Studies for Nairobi Region.
- Masters Research: Assessment of seismic Hazard in Kenya and its vicinity.
Postgraduate Thesis Supervision and Examination (Start with the most current, completed and then ongoing)
- Doctorate-Prof. Justus Barongo and Dr. Zachariah Kuria of University of Nairobi, Kenya, Roland Robert of Uppsala University Sweden and Dino Bindi of German Research Centre for Geoscience, Potsdam, Germany.
- Masters: Prof Justus Barongo of University of Nairobi.
Conference and Workshops
- 8th -10th Oct 2018: International Conference on the East African Rift System, EARS, Dar es Salaam.
- 9th Nov- 27 Nov 2015: Earthquake training facilitated by Institute of Geophysics, China Earthquake administration and University of Nairobi.
- 22 Jan- 22 Feb 2015: Seismology training, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- April 29th – 30th 2014: Kenya Water Resource Capacity Building, collaboration between US Army Corps of Engineers, African Command, Kenya Defence Forces, Ministry of Water and Resource Management Authority and University of Nairobi.
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Member of GSK.
- Member of CTBTO youth group.
- Member of International Geothermal Association-Africa Regional Branch (IGA-ARB).
- Programming: MATLAB
- Applications: MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote), Adobe Illustrator