Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Contact: 0727 941 802
School/Institute: Geothermal Energy Training and Research Institute (GeTRI)
Department: Department of Geology
- Mineralogy, Geochemistry and Economic Geology
Areas of Expertise
|Mineral exploration and evaluation||Undertaking geological and geochemical surveys, developing remotely obtained geological and structural maps, analyzing geochemical data and developing geological and geochemical models for mineral resource evaluation.|
|PhD|| University of Nairobi
Mineral resource evaluation. Desertation:“Genetic model and the economic mineral potential of Mrima Hill in Lamu Kenya”
|MSc|| University of Nairobi, Geology
Thesis: “ Determination of Hydrocarbon Source Rock Maturity Using Smectite Percentages (S %) And Vitrinite Reflectance (R₀) of Rock Samples From Lamu Basin, Kenya.”
|BSc||University of Nairobi, Geology||2012|
- 2019 – Present: Tutorial Fellow, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- 2017 – 2019: Geologist, Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- 2017 – 2019: Part–Time Tutor, Kabete National Polytechnic.
- 2013 – 2017: Part–Time Tutor, Petroleum Institute of East Africa.
- 2012 – 2013: Trainee Geologist, Aqua Mines Limited.
2019 – Present: Tutorial Fellow, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Teaching Bsc (Geology), an undergraduate course averaging 60 students per semester, teaching the following subject units: Mineralogy, geochemistry, economic geology, Marine geology and Isotope geology.
- Developing teaching materials, Continuous Assessment Tests and end of semester Examinations.
- Revising the syllabus to meet accreditation standards.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Offered teaching assistance in the University of Nairobi during Masters degree studies from 2013 to 2015.
- Gaturi Ward.
- Mentor for Gaturi Ward University students from July, 2020 – Present.
Other Academic and Professional Achievements
- Appointed by the State department for mining to attend UN training on mineral resources development in Tanzania, Zambia and South Korea.
Honours and Awards
- University of Nairobi Masters degree scholarship, 2013
I was among the best students in BSc (Geology) of the year 2012.
- Geological Society of Kenya, 2013 – Present
- Minerals exploration and geological mapping by UNDP at Daejeon, South Korea.
- Development minerals mapping and evaluation by UNDP at Dare Salam, Tanzania.
- Minerals exploration and evaluation by European Geological Surveys at Ndola, Zambia.
- Water resources management by United States Africa Command at the University of Nairobi Kenya.
- Fundamentals of Geographical Information System at the University of Nairobi.
- Applications: Arcgis, Rockworks, Surpac, Ms Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.