Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Contact: +254- 751 339 943
School/Institute: Geothermal Energy Training and Research Institute, (GeTRI)
Dept.:Department of Geology
Areas of Expertise
Geology, Petroleum Geology, Environmental Science.
|Doctor of Environmental Science||Linkoping University||2015 – present|
|Master of Science in Geology||University of Nairobi||2012 – 2015|
|Bachelor of Science in Geology||University of Nairobi||2008 – 2012|
- 2017 – 2018: Part-time lecturer, South Eastern University, Kitui, Kenya.
- 2013 – 2014: Part-time lecturer, School of Petroleum Studies, Nairobi, Kenya.
Research1. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (United States), 2013
Sampling scientist, National Lacustrine Core Repository (LacCore)
- Splitting, describing and sampling sediment cores recovered from sequences encountered in drilling in Baringo County. Participant at the Initial Core Description Workshop for Tugen Hills core (NSF funded Hominin Sites and Paleolakes Drilling Project)
Drilling Site Geologist
- Conducted sediment coring and geological logging of the stratigraphic sequences encountered in drilling.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- 2018 – present: Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Timetabler , GeTRI.
- 2013 – 2014: University of Nairobi, Masters’ Students Coordinator, Dept. of Geology.
- Storymoja Hay Festival, 2009 – 2013
Volunteered as a science educator for children at the annual book festival.
- FunKe Science, 2013- 2018
science educator and graphic designer.
- RocKeSci, 2012 – current
Co-founder, writer and editor of earth science articles.
Other Academic And Professional Achievements
- Student Representative – The 6th East African Petroleum Conference and Exhibition in Arusha, Tanzania, 2013
Conferences And Workshops
- Workshop, “Simple Science” UNESCO Workshop on promoting earth sciences in Kenyan schools, March 2016.
- Conference, Kenyan student representative at the 6th East African Petroleum Conference and Exhibition in Arusha, Tanzania. February, 2013
- Conference, Attended the East African Oil and Gas Summit in Nairobi
Honours And Awards
- Best Environmental Blog 2013 – Won the Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) awards for Best Environmental Blog 2013for rockesci.co.ke, an earth science blog.
- General Secretary, 2013 – 2013 The East African Association of Geoscience Students (EAAGS).
- ICDP Training Course on Continental Scientific Lake Drilling : International Continental Scientific Drilling Program, Ohrid, Macedonia, Sept 2015 Underwent a course on drilling lacustrine sediments from Lake Ohrid.
- Fundamentals of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) : Nairobi University, Kenya . April 2012.
- Programming: HTML/CSS.
- Applications: ArcGIS, MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote) , Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere ), SPSS.
- Platforms: WordPress, Prestashop.